Hi, I’m Ben Marshall. I am a Business Consulting Architect with CDW. I have searched for ways to get information to the good people in IT and this blog will be one of them. There are several blogs out there so why keep an eye on me?
First I am actively consulting with the clients of CDW on their IT and Business Strategies. Second I have over 25 years in IT departments with over 10 of those years in a leadership role. And finally, I have a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and a Masters of Science in IT Management. I have worked in very mature IT departments and very complex IT departments as well. For the last 5 years I have mentored various level of IT personnel and CXOs on asset management and buying strategies along with technical and business solutions.
The team I joined at CDW is mind blowing. staffed with myself, a business architect, a project manager, a business analyst, a technologist/technical writer, and a Technical Architect. The leadership has a great vision of the current needs of our clients and their business requirements. As we provide a big picture approach to the business of IT, the CaS (Consultative Advisory Services – pronuounced “case”) team keeps the tasks, the team, and the clients focused on the business impact of any investment made through us or any other trusted adviser the client may already have. Keeping the business running will always be priority one as we discuss anything from IT Strategy, IT Operations, new functionality requirements, to Assets and Business policies. The following is a list of services our team is focused on:
Custom Consulting Services
- IT Strategy, Roadmap & Planning Development
- Asset Lifecycle Management Development
- Cloud Migration Strategy & Business Readiness Assessment
- Procurement Process & Policy Development
- Mergers & Acquisitions Business Impact Analysis
- Application Package Evaluation
- ITIL & Metric Initiatives
Core Consulting Services
- IT Assessments (Holistic & Comprehensive)
- Data Center Migration & Consolidation
- Contact Center Change Management & Solution Adoption
- Mobility Strategy development
- Application Mapping & Integration Solutions
- IT Operational, Organizational & Feasibility Studies
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Planning
If your interested in hiring our team, simply goto the CDW website and fill out the “Contact an Expert” form and request a Business Architect.
Also remember to follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/theitstrategist